1. How long have you been in residential real estate sales? Is it your full-time job? While experience is no guarantee of skill, real estate — like many other professions — is mostly learned on the job.
Sukh Brar: I have been practicing residential real estate since 2006. Yes, I am a full time Realtor and a local expert with a Full Time Team in North Delta and Surrey Real Estate.
2. How many homes did you sell last year? By asking this question, you’ll get a good idea of how much experience the practitioner has.
Sukh Brar: I sold over 96 homes in 2015 (based on combined transactions of both buying and selling). Over 70 homes in 2016 and nearly completed 100 transactions in 2017. In 2018, the market shifted and according to a recent article I read 10% of Realtors have left the industry, however, my team and I still completed over 60 plus transactions in 2018. According to the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Statistics, we are your #1 Realtor in North Delta since 2015 to 2019 in terms of sales within the North Delta communities.
3. How many days did it take you to sell the average home? How did that compare to the overall market?The REALTOR® you interview should have these facts on hand, and be able to present market statistics from the local MLS to provide a comparison.0
Sukh Brar: Statistically speaking, in 2017 my listings sold on average within 18 days! (Wow, I just did the math and even I was impressed.) However, the market is always wavering, but when you "price it right" with me you can see these results for yourself and your own sale. Currently, the market is fluctuating, prices of homes listed months previous are needing to be adjusted. My knowledge of the current market and buyers expectations gives me the edge on pricing your home right to sell in the changing market. Recent market statistics for homes in North Delta on Zolo.ca average 26.5 days on the market.
4. How close were the final sales prices to the initial asking prices of the homes you sold? This is one indication of how skilled the REALTOR® is at pricing homes and marketing to suitable buyers. Of course, other factors also may be at play, including an exceptionally hot or cool real estate market.
Sukh Brar: In 2017 due to the number of sales that sold over asking, statically I averaged more than 100% of the asking price. My personal expectation for myself is get my Seller's at least 98%-100% or above the asking price.
5. What types of specific marketing systems and approaches will you use to sell my home? You don’t want someone who’s going to put a For Sale sign in the yard and hope for the best. Look for someone who has aggressive and innovative approaches, and knows how to market your property competitively on the Internet. Buyers today want information fast, so it’s important that your REALTOR® is responsive.
Sukh Brar: I'm very up-to-date and realistic on the fact that 90% of buyers are shopping for their new home online. I know that selling a home in North Delta requires maximum online exposure and I can show you my marketing strategy. I excel in networking with qualified buyers, local residents within the community, property owners, home builders, other Realtors. I am very capable in finding buyers and I also continuously have a list of qualified buyers who are eager to find their dream home in North Delta.
6. Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, and help with other things I need done? Because REALTORS® are immersed in the industry, they’re wonderful resources as you seek lenders, home improvement companies, and other home service providers. Practitioners should generally recommend more than one provider and let you know if they have any special relationship with or receive compensation from any of the providers.
Sukh Brar: I have renovated and built several homes in the last 16 years within North Delta. I have an abundance of resources and knowledge of services that I could recommend to you and guide you through. My network with Trades persons and builders will also be beneficial to those requiring updates to their home before listing it on MLS.
7. What’s your business philosophy? While there’s no right answer to this question, the response will help you assess what’s important to the agent and determine how closely the agent’s goals and business emphasis mesh with your own.
Sukh Brar: I believe that in order for a business to be successful, especially in Real Estate, you must build your business on relationships. My clients are my priority and the relationships that we create together should be lasting. I strive to give my clients peace of mind and to represent them with utmost professionalism.
8. How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction? How frequently? Again, this is not a question with a correct answer, but it reflects your desires. Do you want updates twice a week or do you not want to be bothered unless there’s a hot prospect? Do you prefer phone, e-mail, or a personal visit?
Sukh Brar: I am flexible and considerate of each of my clients' desires. If you require updates on a bi-weekly basis or to be contacted only when an offer is presented, I will adapt to your requirements and specifications.
You don't need to look far, choose Sukh Brar!
Sincerely, Your Top North Delta Realtor Sukh Brar